Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Iron Craft #34- On the Go

Since my mode of transportation is a Volkswagon Rabbit, I wanted to do something that involved this vehicle.

IMG_1679

I decided to do a key ring out of Sculptey, since I had some left over from an earlier challenge. First, I did a pencil rubbing of the rabbit logo that was on the back of the car.

IMG_1671

Then I used that pattern to cut and sculpt a rabbit out of red clay which I affixed to a black clay circle. Baked it in the oven, added a chain and loop, and my VW Rabbit now has a logo key ring!

Rabbit Keychain Rabbit Keychain

3 comments:

Jenny K said...

Mom- I think this turned out great. What a neat idea.

kat said...

Wow, you did a great job sculpting that logo!

Dr. Russ said...

What a great project. The colors and sculpting are really great. BTW, thank you for the greeting card. I had just finished an hour session in PT and came to the office to find it on my desk. It certainly was a welcome bit of sunshine. Once again, thanks. All the best--DrRuss