Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Iron Craft #30 HOT!

It's HOT!
As I am writing this, it is 93 degrees with a heat index of 100. So when I think hot, I think of ways to keep cool.I think the perfect idea for keeping cool is the Cool Scarf I did for Challenge #24 which you can see here. So for something new, my next thought was fans. I found several on homemadesimple.com. Not too practical for me, but would make cute favors for an outside summer wedding.
Fans to keep cool

Finally, I thought why not "Christmas in July"--think cool December and cool, Christmasy thoughts. We had seen some "tomtes" in a Scandinavian shop and Grandpa thought he could cut them for me and I knew that I could paint them.

Making Tomte Tomte
Christmas in July

After painting, I think they turned out well and will be great for my "Swedish Christmas" in those cool days of December.

Remember if you're HOT, think Cool!

1 comment: