Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Iron Craft #15- Olympic Challenge

Challenge #15 London 2012

With this challenge, my thoughts went back to the late 70's and early 80's when we had a couple of swimmers who dreamed the Olympic Dream living in our house. I knew I wanted to do a picture frame and feature "my" Olympic swimmers.
 I  found a few old pictures
Olympic Challenge Olympic Challenge

and with the help of computer magic I had a picture for my frame.

Olympic Challenge

The frame I decorated with good old Sculpty rings.
Olympic Challenge
Here is the final result.
 
Olympic Challenge

My swimmers did not make the Olympics, but they did go on to earn college scholarships, and even today, swimming plays a big part in their lives. Jenny is an aquatics director and Steve surfs and stand-up-paddle boards. All four grandchildren are excellent swimmers and so the dream goes on!

1 comment:

kat said...

What a great idea. Very clever of you to put the two pictures together.