Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Iron Craft #41 BOO!

I am not at home this week--off to enjoy the company of my brother and sister in Tennessee and Kentucky. Knowing I wouldn't be here to do the next challenge, I tried to come up with an easy Halloween idea. I decided to show several crafts I have done in the past.


And then for your enjoyment, I am sharing a delicious pumpkin recipe in keeping with the season. 

Crock-pot Pumpkin Bread Pudding 


16 slices of day old French bread, cubed This should fill your crock-pot
2 cups milk
4 eggs
Beat together the milk and eggs

 Stir in the following ingredients.

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 can pumpkin pie filling--not just plain pumpkin
1/4tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Can also add 1/4 cup raisins iif desired
Mix thoroughly so no streaks show

Pour over bread and stir. Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
Reduce heat to low, cook 3 to 4 hours or until temperature is 160 degrees. Turn off heat and keep warm until served.

Serve with vanilla sauce.

 Vanilla Sauce

2 Tbls. butter, melted
2 Tbls. flour
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

 Make sauce just before pudding is done. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour sauce over hot bread pudding.

 Yummy!

No comments: